Please note: Due to high volumes of mail, expect delays in service.
Remote requests: For students living outside of Cape Breton, patrons with mobility issues, and those who cannot get to the library the CBU Library MAY offer Remote Requests to be mailed. Information is here.
Allows you to send a request to borrow a book or a paper copy of a journal article from other Novanet Libraries.
Allows you to acquire books and articles that are not available on Novanet, but are available at other libraries across Canada and Internationally. Your username is the barcode number (29377...) on the backside of your myCBUcard, and your password is your surname.
Curb Side Pickup is also available.
Novanet Express and Interlibrary Loan services are available to currently-registered students, staff and faculty of Cape Breton University, as well as off-campus borrowers holding a Novanet-wide borrowing card.
Items ordered through Novanet Express should arrive within three to five business days. Notifications are sent by email to the address in your library record. Check your email frequently and be sure to look for messages that may have been put into a junk or spam folder.
Since books ordered through Interlibrary Loan are shipped greater distances by mail, allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. Copies of journal articles ordered through Interlibrary Loan often arrive within just a few days and can usually be delivered to you directly by email. Materials ordered from outside of Canada may take longer. In any case, although we will try to meet your deadlines, Interlibrary Loan is not able to guarantee delivery.
Our Interlibrary loan services are free to you. In exceptional cases, there could be a charge for extraordinary delivery of material through Interlibrary Loan, but only if you have agreed to the cost in advance.
You will be contacted by email once an interlibrary loan item arrives. Materials can be picked up via our Contactless Curbside Pickup Service at the rear entrance of the library, across from MacDonald Residence (next to the daycare playground). Whenever possible, copies of journal articles will be sent directly to your email address.
Search for the material in the catalogue first. Any circulating book or full-text article held at another Novanet library may be ordered directly from the catalogue through the Novanet Express delivery service. You may also borrow books in person from any Novanet library using your registered CBU ID card.
If the item is not in Novanet, use the Interlibrary Loan option at the top of this page.
1. After you searched on the CBU Library website, on the Search Result page, go to the bottom and click "try your search in WorldCat" link. The new webpage will be prompt.
2. Select Article or Book you want to get on the left pane, and click the title you want to get it on the right pane.
3. Select "Request Interlibrary Loan" button on the right side.
4. Login with your barcode on your MyCBUCard as the ID, and your surname is the password.
5. The fields already filled in the form. Make sure all information is correct. And then click the check box and submit button. You will get the confirmation email. When it is available, you will also be notified by email.
Facebook Twitter Instagram